Monday, March 3, 2008

I am back

I caught the nasty cold last Mon, and got so sick that I had to stay at home for almost entire week. It was awful! Lots of people are sick now, either the flu or cold. I consider myself one of the lucky ones who got the cold, not the flu. Even with the coughing, diarrhoea, vomitting, and on and off fever, I still think it's much better than the flu. And look at the bright side, I lost about 5 lbs! One of my new year's resolution is to lose 10 lbs this year. So, plus my previous effort, I reached my goal! I know, after I recover from this, I probably will gain that 5lbs back very fast, since I am dehydrated a little bit now. But at least my body feels much lighter now, and I feel like I can jump as high as when I was still playing volleyball.

I got a great surprise last night. My highschool best friend, "little fish", called me out of blue, after all these years. We lost contact after graduation, and didn't even know that we came to the US around the same time! Now she and her husband moved from CA to Boston, we can see each other again. And the most interesting part is how she found me. She was shopping in local grocery store one day, and all of sudden somebody called out her name in Chinese! It was another girl from our highschool class who also knows me. She gave my numbers to "little fish". I am so happy! After this cold thing totally gone, I will definitely throw a party, and we can have a small version of highschool reunion right in my home. Cannot wait!

No comments: