Friday, May 2, 2008

More eggs


Last night when I got home, there was one more eggs in that tiny nest, the one on my deck! I did some research online, found out that normally robin lays 4 eggs each season. They will lay one egg a day, until the clutch is complete. In my case, the first egg was laid Monday morning, the second was Wednesday, and the third was Thursday. So, if what they said is true, I should expect one more tonight. And apparently the mother robin won't sit on the eggs until she has two or more of them, so she can make sure all her babies hatch around the same time. That is why I only saw the mother for the past two days. I actually snapped some more pictures this morning. Here is mama robin sitting in the nest on my deck. Sorry about the quality of the picture, I had to take the picture from inside the house, through the sliding door. Didn't want to scare her away. Isn't she beautiful?
The more I read about it, the more interested I am. Here is the link to a very good article online, read it if you have time.

Oh, the nest on my porch is still empty. Hope it's not abandoned. The other one was empty for 2 days, but this one has been empty for the past 3 or 4 days. Don't want to waste my English Ivy for nothing.

No comments: