Thursday, February 25, 2010

Upcycle Your Old Jeans

A friend of mine asked me what to do with a pair of old jeans, my answer was make it into a couple of grocery bags. Then I thought there got to be better and more clever ways to upcycle jeans. So, I went to google. Wow! I was amazed by people's creativity.

First of all, I'd like to show you a simple tutorial how to turn jeans into shopping bags, like I suggested my friend.

This one is great for all the creative moms (or dads) out there.


Oh, and which child won't love a denim teddy?

Oh Oh, don't forget kids have to go back to school. How about this cool blue jean notebook/organizer?

For the fashion girls, this jean corsage is too cute to pass.

And if you are a quilter, you would love these two projects. A fun quilt
and an embroidered jean quilt for a little girl.

If you are not that experienced, and don't have that many old jeans at hand, try this 9 patch pillow first.

If you don't want to try any of the above projects, at least you should make it into an apron. Then you can wear it to tackle any other craft projects. This apron will be able to handle all the abuses and dirts, and it will last for ever and ever.

And now if you will excuse me, I will need to go dig for the old jeans in my closets. Just wish I had more time to sew!

No comments: