Thursday, June 11, 2009

Birdie Mobile

My sister gave me the mobile she used years ago in my niece's room. It still works, just the plastic arms turned yellowish, and the small stuffed animals hanging there looked old and tired. So, I thought about the bird mobile tutorial I found on Spool Sewing a while ago. I fell in love with the birds immediately, so made some of them with my scrap fabrics. I didn't really know what to do with them at that time, but now I think they will be perfect for the mobile. I sewed some silver ribbon to their back, and tied them to where the old small animals were. And I found more scrap fabric to cover the plastic arm and the music box / motor thing. Now I think it looks great! Forgot to take the before picture of the whole thing, just a picture of the old stuffed animals.

And here is the end result! LOVE IT! And I am sure my baby will love it too. See, I even found some bird fabric for that music box. And the arms actually matches the bedding I made. PERFECT!

No comments: