Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thrift Finds

Went thrifting on Saturday. I scored big this time. I will show you more pictures later. Here are just the smaller ones, silver colored candlesticks. Forgot to take a real before picture. The big one on the left already been cleaned. But you get the idea. The smaller ones are probably silver plated, but they are almost new, and very pretty, and at $.79 each, I would regret not putting them in the shopping cart. The big ones are $2.99 each, a little more than I'd like to pay. But they are quite heavy, and sounded like silver, so even though I couldn't find any marks, I still bought them. I tried my homemade silver polish again, even though they looked better afterward, they didn't have the same super fast and extreme reaction as my sliver gravy boat, so I am guessing they are probably silver plated. I don't really care. I just love their shape so much. So I scrubbed them with baking soda and paper towel, and they are shiny like a mirror now. Soooo beautiful. Here are more before and after pictures of them.

And this is how they look in my china cabinet. It's a little bit odd to put shiny silver? stuffs next to my very traditional Chinese painted plate and my jade horse statue, but I am running out of space here. So, they just have to share the shelf and spotlight.

No comments: