Monday, June 23, 2008

A little disturbance in the neighborhood

Late Sat night, around midnight, some people were bored enough to through rocks to our circle! We live at the end of a very nice and small Cul-de-sac street, and have been enjoying the friendly neighbors for the past 3 years. But apperantly, some people who live on the next street are not all that nice. Last month, someone was playing with fireworks at 2:30Am, and it was a weekday, not any holiday! My next door neighbor found some fireworks half way buried in her flowerbed in front yard! Those are not the used ones. It was so dangerous! They have a 2-year-old little boy, what if he touched it and it exploded! Who would do things like this? This time, I guess they were competing to see who can throw the rocks the furthest! Sunday morning, we found around 50 rocks in our circle, big and small. The biggest ones are about 2/3 of a brick size, and the small ones about egg size. They hit my neighbor's fence, and badly damaged one guy's car. The windshield and one side window were broken, and lots of dents on the roof and side door and the hood and the trunk! There were some small ones got really close to our cars, but fortunately our cars were not directly hit. We had to call the police and file a report. I just don't understand why someone do such a thing! And do they think damaging other people's properties is fun? Those really big rocks all fell inside my neighbor's yard, because they were just too heavy to reach the circle. What if their little girl were playing with the dog in the yard? Those rocks are big enough to crack her head open! I don't even want to think about it.

OK, changing subject. I just uploaded this new nursing cover to my shop. I found this fabric on a pile of boring ones in Fabric Place. I guess someone had it cut but then decided to give it up. I was so lucky and got a great price for it. It's so gorgeous, I wanted to make a cute skirt for myself. But since I already have lots of skirts, I decided to make it into the very functional nursing cover. At least some hot moma out there will appreciate it and put it in good use. The back fabric came to US with me about 9 years ago, just couldn't decide what to do with it. I think it matches the red Hawaii flower fabric very well, so ok, I can give it up. :) And since I got my cute fabric labels last Friday, I sewed it to all my pieces. I think it looks very good, don't you?
And I got a surprising email from flickr, saying that I am Serena & Lily's newest contact! I just recently posted some pictures on flickr, haven't quite figure out all the features yet. So, you can understand how surprised I was. I had to check it out. It turned out they are two brilliant women, one designer and one businesswoman. Together they started a new adventure, opened a new business called Serena & Lily Nursery Designs. Their design is so devine and elegant, I was totally amazed. And felt so honored to be chosen as their new contact, which means they liked my pictures, I am guessing the nursing covers. Here are some of their items, but you can go to their flickr account to see more.

No comments: