Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ready To Make My Second Lightbox

I made a simple 'lightbox' with a old box and some gift wrapping tissue. (See the 'DIY Macro Photo Studio' below for instructions). It was ok for a while, but I kept poking through that thin paper, and the box I used was way too small. Now I found another great tutorial. I bought the shop lights/clamp lights from Lowe's last night, and they are only $5.95 each. Very affordable! And I got the GE Reveal light bulbs from Target, $2.14 for 4. Not bad at all. Now I just need to go get some of those foam board from ACMoore, and I will be ready to go. I made lots of new items recently, but struggled to take some decent pictures. This weekend I will give the new light box a try. Good thing about this new one is I can cut an opening on the top and take pic from there too. Just hope my hands won't shake that much, since there will be no way to use the tripod there.

But this is not the only way to make it. There are lots of very smart people out there. Here are some other tutorials I found, see which one you like better and try it. Good luck!

This one is built with PVC pipes and some fabric.
This 'DIY Macro Photo Studio' is made of a box and some paper.
And this one from the Switchboards is wonderful too. It's written by Lindsay Landis, from Pattern & Paw. She used the regular frosted plastic Rubbermaid container! And what great about this tutorial is she actually giving away all her secrets, how to work your camera, and how to use PhotoShop! Wonderful tutorial!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your shop photos are beautiful. So it obviously pays off to make a lightbox. Thanks for the blog on this!

TranquilityKnots said...

Thanks, uxcritter. There is always room for improvement, right? I want to try some new background. I am crazy about colors now. :)