Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thrifting Finds

Ever since we came back from China, I have been thrifting every Sat morning. I had very good luck finding these shirts, really thought I used all luck for this whole year! But fortunately, I didn't. Look what I found during the past couple of weeks!

I have been looking for these lotus bowls ever since I saw these on flickr. I fell in love at first sight, but never thought I could have the luck to find one. So, when I spotted this familar shape on the bottom shelf at my local Salvation Army, I held my breath. I couldn't believe I found not one, but five, creamy white lotus bowls, in perfect shape! And they were just $.69 each!


I was so excited about the bowls, went directly to the cashier without spending time looking around for other stuffs. Just as I was paying for my perfect bowls, I saw a lonely shoe on counter. It was a toddler girl shoe, looked brand new. Of course I asked for the other one, and no one knew where it was. Then I thought, let me check their shoe shelf, it might be there. Well, it wasn't there! There were lots of kids shoes on that shelf, but they were all very disappointing looking. But as I turned around, I saw something at the corner of my eyes. There they were, three pairs of girl shoes, so beautiful, almost never worn. Quickly, I grabbed them and ran to the cashier again. One pair was even on sale for 1/2 off. So I got all my girl's shoes for next summer for about $8! Just the day before, I saw similar ones sold at Payless for $20! Aren't they just adorable!


A week later, I found this little guy on their bottom shelf. I am not so sure, but I think it's pure silver. It has that tarnished silver shine, very soft, and look closely, there is a strange mark on one of the candleholder. I will have to polish it and then tell you whether that $2 was wasted or not.

Then last weekend, I went to a different Salvation Army on Rt 1. They have a bigger furniture section, and I am still looking for a cute little desk or vanity for little caterpillar. I didn't see anything interested me. Well, there are lots of amazing pieces, but they are too big, we simply don't have any space for them. A nice dresser for the guest room will be great, but I didn't see anything in the right size. Anyway, after walking around the front store a couple of times, I was kind of disappointed, until I spotted these two cups in the corner. I think I have seen this type of cups in stores, but don't remember their price. The guy who was arranging the items told me he just took them out of their box, they are brand new. Well, I have been looking for some tea cups for my girl, future tea parties. So, at $.59 each, they have to go home with me. Aren't they cute? Even the inside is beautiful.This is the mark on the bottom.

How is your thrifting luck lately?

No comments: