Monday, August 11, 2008

Back From Vacation

DH and I went to White Mountains in NH last week. It was magic! We used to live in NH eight years ago, I loved it there. Even though it was raining most of the time last week, we still had a wonderful time. We took the COG railway up the Mt. Washington, went shopping at North Conway, saw several covered bridges, went to the Flume Gorge at Franconia Notch State Park, rode the Aerial Tram up the Cannon Mountain and hiked to the "edge of the world", went bike riding and saw bear show and circus show, and visited several small museums at the Clark's Trading Post. Oh, I also did rock climbing there too, badly bruised my left knee on my way down, which caused me twisted the left ankel the next day. And we attended the Castlebery Crafts Fair before we left, drove around the golden pond and went to the NH Mall at Manchester. We had lots of adventure and fun, I took about 500 pictures, so it will take me a while to sort through and pick the best ones to post here.

What else we did on the rainy days? Oh, we watched the Olympic Opening show! That was super exciting. As Chinese, we are so proud now, wish we were there and helping out or watching the games in person. I also watched lots of HGTV shows. Since we don't have this channel at home, I always watch it at the hotels or resorts whenever I get the chance. I told DH not to buy this channel, because it will glue me to the couch :). And we used the swimming pools and hot tub a lot. It's fun to swim or relax in the hot tub in the rain. You should try it sometime.

Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you enjoy soaking in a hot tub, check out a new blog dedicated to the concept of Hot Tub Bliss at www.hottubbliss.com. Alice Cunningham is committed to creating hot tub evangelists all over the world, and you sound like a perfect candidate.

Sandi said...

We are going to the White Mountains in October. Hope to see lots of Fall colors. My friend rents out a home there with an indoor pool, observatory and more. Can't wait to go. Check it out at
www.whitemountainsviews.com