Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Great Packaging Ideas

Today I want to talk about packaging. I have been searching for a great way to package my items for a while, and here are some of the inspiration I found on flickr.

This first group belongs to Brandi From Catie's Blue. You can check out more images at her flickr account above. And Brandi just reminded me that she wrote a tutorial on her blog about the first picture, and see her comment on this post for more tips. I love the color combinations, and the best part is I can use up all my cute Xmas wrapping paper and my scrapbooking paper. And the little tags and ribbons just like icing on the cake.

And this one from The Dotted Line is very simple, yet elegant. I love the organic feeling of it, and that wonderful blossom paper just adds a hint of oriental flavor and a little bit excitement to the whole thing. And the tags are simple as well, but fits the whole sytle perfectly.

I also like how malisonian ties this package. Again, simple and elegant at the same time.

This cute paper bag packaging is from Craftapalooza. She got the template from Martha and overprinted it. Smart and very cute. To find out more about it, please read this blog.

This one is also very nice. It's from Daisy Mae Designs. I like the little tag thing, with the shop name and website. Very clean and straight forward.

Last but not least, this is from the fabulous Rachel Sudlow, the owner of my favorite Etsy shop Sudlow. She uses regular jewelry boxes, and seals them with her customized return label she got from Vistaprint. Great idea! And very professional.

That's it for today. I will go ahead order more boxes and start preparing for my first show later this year.

4 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Hey, thanks for the feature, Tranquility! I appreciate it.

If you or any other readers want to replicate the wraps in the top photo, I wrote an easy how-to on my blog here:

http://brandi-girl.blogspot.com/2008/07/tip-share-packaging-wraps.html

The green dot square on the Holiday box is actually a sticker I made by photocopying holiday scrapbooking paper onto sticker paper, then cutting to size. However, if you don't have an all-in-one printer and want to use up that wrapping paper, just cut the wrapping paper to size, then stick it to the box with acid-free adhesive tabs (you can find these in the scrapbooking section of your local craft store).

Hope this helps and thanks again!

TranquilityKnots said...

Thanks for the tips, Brandi. I do a lot of scrapbooking, so you can imagine my paper stash and boxes of ribbons. Are we all supposed to have that? :o) Oh, thanks for the tutorial as well. I will add that link to the post. And your creations are wonderful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful ways to wrap up beautiful items. Thanks for sharing these great ideas.

TranquilityKnots said...

You are welcome, uxcritter. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my business. Glad you find these helpful as well.