Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Boston Marathon

Yesterday was much better day than last year for all those brave men and women who ran the 112th Boston Marathon. Since Patriot's Day is a holiday, and lots of streets closed for the marathon, I stayed home. It was wonderful. Worked in my sunny backyard, and took several long breaks watching the marathon on TV. I perfer watching big events on TV compare to standing on a curb, because I can see all the details, everyone, and at every location. And the most important thing is I can sit in my sofa comfortably, drinking some nice tea and just being lazy. =)
I admire those people, not just those famous athletes, but also all those brave ones who tried. Some of them didn't make it to the finish line, but they are still heroes. To read the full coverage of the marathon, you can go to boston.com. And here are some great pictures. Men's wheelchair division winner Ernst Van Dyk crosses the finish line.Women's wheelchair winner Wakako Tsuchida crosses the finish line.Robert Cheruiyot from Kenya breaks the tape to win the men's race. This is his 4th time winning Boston Marathon.Dire Tune crosses the finish line ahead of Alevtina Biktimirova to win the women's race. Did you see how close those two were? Very tight race in deed.

No comments: