Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year-End Roundup of 2010

What happened during 2010, besides watching my baby girl growing up into a energetic toddler? Let's see.

January:

I found my best thrift finds of the year, well, I should say best ever.And gave this thrifted little chair a quick make over.

February:

I found a new hobby, making fun toys for my baby girl. And made some very cute flower pins for my niece.

March:

Made more felt goodies, some unique hair accessories and more of those flower pins. Had a blast thrifting. Polished some of my thrift finds silver with a easy home remedy.

April:

Power washed our deck, getting it ready for refinishing. And we enjoyed flying the kites Stubborn bought from China.

May:

Finished painting the deck, the curb found metal shelf and cart. Lots of hard work involved.

June:

Made a gorgeous table bumper to protect my little caterpillar.Made a super cute animal alphabet art with some of my paper scraps. And did some more thrifting, and found some gorgeous silver candlesticks.

July:

Finally finished the unbreakable wall arts for the nursery. Found a great solution for all those shampoo and conditioner bottles.

August:

Did some scrap sewing, and made some very pretty and useful small things. Found Stubborn a rocking footstool, and repair and re-upholster it.Finally found the mirror for the entry table, that we both like.

September:

Tried my first cloth refashion, with a XXXL Talbot top. It was surprisingly easy. Thrifted a great kids table set for little caterpillar.And threw a fabulous birthday party for my favorite baby girl! Actually had to do some of the decoration twice due to a very humid storm.

October:

Didn't have time to do any crafts. We spent every weekend taking little Caterpillar to farms, for apple picking and petting the animals. And little caterpillar practiced walking in a mini maze.

November:

Did another refashion, this time, I made a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of pants for little Caterpillar's Halloween outfit, using one of my old shirt. Little caterpillar looked so cute!

December:

I did some serious design and came up with this 2-D felt Christmas tree, totally toddler safe. Little caterpillar loved all the ornaments and flowers on the tree. Then I built our first ever gingerbread house. Little caterpillar couldn't resist it, already ate the 'front yard'. And I made this patchwork scarf for Stubborn last minute.

Overall, 2010 was a very busy, happy year! Physically exhausting, because I have to squeeze all my projects into one to two hours at night after little caterpillar went to bed. And since I am the "photographer" of the house, I always have my camera hanging on my neck everywhere we go. So many pictures, so little time. I had to use all my commute time to process them. So, no more nap on the train or shuttle. But all these are absolutely worth it! I feel like I recorded almost every event that happened this whole year, doesn't matter how small it is. Now 2011 is just around the corner, I can wait to do more crafting, and finally get some of the projects off my to-do list. Oh, my hands are itchy now just thinking about them.

Hope you all had a wonderful 2010! And wish you all have a very productive and creative 2011!

No comments: